Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Street photography: an experiment

I've always been fascinated by people like Robert Capa and Henri Cartier-Bresson, but I quite never managed to find the bravery to hit the road  with my trusted  Point and Shoot camera like they did(well they have a film camera of course).
Photography has been a sort of dormant passion for me so today I finally found the courage to give it a go for the first time.
I'm still a newbie when it comes even to the most basic photography- principle like exposure, shutter speed etc. but I thought that before worrying to buy a decent camera with actual manual controls, I had to get my hands dirty and see what it looks like.
So, since I love street photography, I grabbed my humble PAS camera and started grabbing pics on my way to the doctor(nothing serious don't worry).
So I was awestruck.
It's fun, scary and infinitely rewarding. Today was more a training thing than anything else so most of the pics I took were crap, but I'm going to do it again, and I'll post my results.
Out of the 149 (!) shots I've taken today here's a selection of the less-crappy ones.
Feel free to comment folks, and don't mind being  rude if necessary;).
Every scar is a lesson!(cit)
M

|P.S.
As you've  probably noticed all of these pics feature a low POV as I'm still quite shy concerning the way I carry my camera around.Today I had it in my hand all the time, trying to shoot things from there...
I still feel lucky that I got something in the frame...:P

























Marco Caradonna
Concept Art & Illustration
  http://marcocaradonna.com/

No comments: