Friday, 17 September 2010

Color Studies

Some color studies I did today hyped by these amazing gouache ones that Tom Dow did a while ago
I wish I have half of his sense of color and lighting
Hope you don't mind Tom,these of yours are too inspiring:)
These ones are loosely based on photos taken over the web(loosely means that I didn't use references as a source for setting and composition but just to get the lights right,if you understand what I mean;)











Marco Caradonna
Concept Art & Illustration
http://marcocaradonna.com/

2 comments:

Tom Dow said...

I am glad to have inspired you, Marco, but all I can say is wow! These studies blow mine away completely. I think that you have a much better understanding of colour than I.

Marco Caradonna said...

Well,I won't go further bouncing the ball..but i've learned a lot just staring at your work and I'm thankful for that.
I'd gladly catch up with you Tom,give a shout to Soeren and John to see what we'll come up with ok?
thanks again:P
M